Today I taught both periods 1 and 2 all by myself, with no master teacher to back me up. MT was gone on a school field trip for the International Baccalaureate kids where they were doing dangerous things to learn to trust each other. I think that's the theory of it. Nothing like fear to forge bonds between students and teachers.
Anyway.
We went over the plan for the day yesterday. Today was actually the first time we were beginning a unit in the book, so I got to give the general overview to the kids, and then we started learning. This unit asks the big life question "Qui suis-je?" Who am I? I told them they might spend forever pondering today's subject and hammed it up trying to look like a philosopher pulling at his beard and asking himself that question. Some of them laughed. Extra participation points for them.
Really they were just learning how to present themselves. My name is..., I am...years old, I live in..., etc etc. They did some practice activities in pairs and groups, and we all had a generally good time (I say "we all" and I mean me. I did). Today was a good day.
But oh man. I'm glad it's Friday.
2/18 weeks down! One ninth of the way to halfway to my teaching credential. No, I don't teach math. Why do you ask?
No comments:
Post a Comment