Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day Three

Today instead of the bulletin interrupting my class, I had the lovely pleasure of running a lockdown drill. All the information was in English, but I got just as many blank stares as when I speak French to them. At the end when I asked if everyone understood and no one responded per usual, I said, "Oh la la! You don't even understand me when I speak English!" and that made a few of them laugh (bonus points for laughing at my jokes!).

I taught the first half of class and then let them work in their groups for the second half. I went around to each and helped them with their topics if they needed any. I also hurriedly looked through their homework and passed it back for them to correct, but there were plenty of kids who didn't hand it back in corrected, and plenty more who handed in still incorrect things. It felt very rushed trying to do that and help the groups at the same time. But I suppose I'll get faster at it. Tomorrow morning I'll spend a few minutes going over the homework with them again. They can work on it through the bulletin.

I also learned how to add grades to the online gradebook and so I entered grades after class. I'm like, a teacher or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment