Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Francophile

There's something about French that makes me weirdly happy. I love hearing French people speaking French, I like talking about France and the time I spent there, I like giving advice about things to do in France, I like French movies and food. I love French things.

Today in my class we had a guest, a girl from France who is here on a summer home-stay program. She talked about her life in Paris, showed pictures of her school and friends, talked about what French teens do for fun. She showed a picture of French people sitting outside at a café (that I have been to!), Frenchies sitting out on a lawn at a park (Monceau! I've been there too!). It was fun to hear her speak, to hear her impressions of America (she loves San Francisco and pillsbury cinnamon rolls), to have the students ask her questions and hear her responses. It was a fun diversion.

Meanwhile, 20 of my 24 students were gone for 40 minutes of the period at an all-class meeting. I have no idea why the administration thinks that is a good idea. I lost 40 minutes of time that I needed to get the kids ready for their test Thursday. Ah well. Tomorrow we are spending most of the period reviewing. Thursday is the test, and Friday we will finally start teaching from the book.

My master teacher will be gone Friday, so I will be teaching her first period class and my second period class. Yikes! I won't get to copy her then.

No comments:

Post a Comment