Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Personal Invitation

One of my students has apparently decided to stop turning in homework. I'm not really ok with that. Tomorrow in class I'm giving her a card: on the outside, in French,
"You are invited..." and on the inside,
"to do your homework!
Who: you
What: assignments to review concepts learned in class
When: every night! due the next day in class
Why: because you will not learn otherwise. And you will not pass my class

R.S.V.P.e.m.s.n.v.p.p. (Répondez, S'il Vous Plaît, et même s'il ne vous plaît pas)"

The extra RSVP letters signify "and even if it doesn't please you." She's a wisecracker, so I hope it'll make her smirk at least. Otherwise, I'm calling her mom. Hahah.

In unrelated, non-teaching news, I just want to brag on my boyfriend for a minute. He found out he passed the first of four parts of his CPA exam today, for which he spent a fair few hours studying like a machine. Also, yesterday I received from him a fantastic package : Chocolates from the French Maison du Chocolat, a store so chic I never dared enter when I was in Paris. They are delicious. And he also made me his own commentary track for my favorite film ever, Mary Poppins. It was hilarious and delightful. He did that for ME! I'm amazed.

Back to teacherish news, I'm meeting my own high school French teacher for coffee after school. We've kept in touch since I went away to school (and then came back from school) and I have enjoyed her friendship even more than I enjoyed being her student (which was a lot!) I'm looking forward to our rendez-vous!

1 comment:

  1. Meadow, t'es trop gentille, mon amie! C'était un vrai plaisir de te revoir et j'espère que tu seras libre bientôt pour aller voir un film avec moi (ou quoique ce soit).

    Tu es vraiment chanceuse, ton petit copain est super romantique! J'aimerais bien le rencontrer la prochaine fois qu'il vient te rendre visite.

    RSVPEMSNVPP = MDR!!!

    ReplyDelete