I have 8 more essays to grade this weekend. It's not the highlight of teaching. Fortunately at French 3 they only write about 3 "big" essays. In French 4 they write at least one a week. I don't think you could grade 35 French essays once a week and still have a life and still be sane. It would be encouraging to look at the first essays and they last essays though, because I bet you would see a lot of progress.
I'm looking forward to the end of the year. It's going to be great to not have to get up at 6 every morning. I've started a list of the things I want to get done in this next week, like bridesmaid gifts, calls to different vendors for the wedding, finishing my ring pillow and ring bearer outfit. I'm looking forward to having the chance to sew a bit more. I also need to start going through my room and tossing things out that I don't really need or want. I've held on to a lot of stuff for posterity, but I don't think there will really be anyone clamoring to read birthday cards someone wrote to me when I was 8. I'm just guessing...
Last night I was late taking my night insulin dose by an hour and a half. Yesterday was a really off day. Hopefully it won't make too huge of a difference. I have to be careful about having a low spell tonight, so I need to be sure my number when I go to bed tonight is higher than normal. Probably everything will be fine. In fact, I'm sure it will.
What is something you are looking forward to this next week? I'm looking forward to getting the keys to our new apartment on Friday, and to a bridal shower on Saturday. Fun stuff!
Hey sis - I'm looking forward to having you and Dean move within walking distance of our house. We all love you and I hope it starts getting easier soon!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah - I'm looking forward to having another baby this week too. Hopefully you can come see him since you won't be in France this time :)
Gabe