Tomorrow starts semester II of my teaching credential program. I will be back at the same school under the same master teacher (MT) teaching French I and French III. French I I'm not too worried about. I have the blessing of being able to observe my MT teaching her French I before I teach mine, watching the way she teaches, the energy and emphasis she puts into the various topics. But French III I will be on my own. I won't have the leisure of seeing another way of teaching the material to contrast what I come up with on my own. I'm sort of worried that I'll mess her class up for French IV.
This break has been so relaxing. A definite time of rest, rejuvenation, sabbath. It was a lot of fun preparing for Christmas: the shopping, the baking, the cleaning, the decorating, the feasting. And a lot of fun between Christmas and New Year's running errands, reading, playing, watching movies. And now it's the night before I have to go back to work and I'm feeling a bit blue about it. Tomorrow is a teacher work day, so that is a blessing. Still one day before I have to be ready to perform.
I look forward to the day when I have developed my own program and taught every level at least once so that it doesn't feel intimidating and scary like it does now. I look forward to when teaching feels comfortable and easy, and starting a new class feels like pulling out the familiar clothes that you'd put away for the winter when the days start to get warm again.
No comments:
Post a Comment