Saturday, December 18, 2010

Halfway Through

I finished semester one and I think I passed all my classes, and all of my students passed (just barely for one). I'd call it a success!

I am very much looking forward to two weeks of no homework assignments, no lesson plans, no worries. I'll be working a bit, but I'll be working ahead, not working behind and that will be wonderful. I will also be getting a chance to take a bit more of an active role in planning my wedding by going to several appointments with DJs, flower people and hair and make-up appointments.

Dean and I had our engagement photos taken on Thursday and it was amazing how God blessed us with beautiful light in the middle of a very rainy week. Friday I got to see my dress again to try on veils. It was like finding an old friend again, seeing my dress. I love it!

Dean took me out to an exquisite dinner Friday night at the Slocum House. We got all niced up, my mom took pictures of us in front of the Christmas tree, and then we went and absolutely stuffed ourselves. When we got back from the restaurant we watched Back to the Future which I had never seen before, and we spent the whole movie groaning about how full we were. Definitely an evening of gluttony as far as our food consumption went. I woke up still full this morning, and I still have leftovers for sometime this weekend. Faaaantastic!

Today I finally had the chance to throw dice. Dean took me to Barnes and Noble and bought the Dungeons and Dragons Starter Kit, and he walked me through the solo adventure included in the kit. It was fun, and I can see how it would be even more fun with other people playing. A good experience on the whole.

Then he studied and I read a very abridged version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame that my French 3 class will be reading next semester. It's not very good in my opinion. I think an adaptation of the story could be done much more faithfully to Hugo's writing style, as opposed to butchering the prose to get the plot details in in under 3000 words. Ah well. It'll be an accomplishment for the students to be sure!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Back to the Future. Definitely a screenplay that stands the test of time. *ba-dum-dum*

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete