My former boss at the film festival I worked for in Paris called me this week out of the blue. He told me he wanted to fly me to Paris, pay me a salary for 6 months and have me be executive director of the film festival.
*pause to imagine riding the metro, speaking French with Parisians, the wine, the great food, the good friends, singing in the choir at ACP, visiting new places on the weekends, having money to shop in the stores, Oh and also: working every day on making a film festival happen, the networking, watching submissions, coordinating interns, finding new sponsors, writing memos, phoning staff, working with the production company, event planning, and getting paid for it*
It is an absolutely marvelous fantasy to indulge in for a moment or two.
But here's my reality: I'm committed to an intensive 2-semester teaching credential program and I can't really leave it now. And even if I could, here's the better reality:
The man that I love is moving across the country to be with me, and he will be here in 26 days.
Dude, I would be ALL OVER that Paris thing. Seriously? Men and education can wait. This is truly once in a lifetime. *unsupportive friend*
ReplyDelete