In my small group we're on week 2 of a Beth Moore Bible study. I was intimidated at first- I thought the idea of doing "homework" 5 times a week sounded like a lot. Then I was annoyed because I thought the tone of the study sounded obnoxious. But then I prayed that God would take that away from me and allow me to stop being prideful and lazy and learn.
It's been good. Not life-changing or ground-breaking or anything like that, but it has been good to get back into a disciplined time with God. Discipline is all about freedom, did you know?
And speaking of freedom in discipline, I went to Financial Peace University tonight without D. He wanted to go to get involved helping to teach the class. Tonight's lesson was on cash flow and budgeting which is about a lot of discipline, but can I tell you people? It's brought such freedom in our marriage. D and I have never once fought about money. We have never once nagged one another about overspending, or spending behind each other's backs. We've never been afraid that we won't be able to pay our credit card bills (don't have them) or buy food to eat because, since before we got married, we have been telling our money what to do every month. I thought that budgeting was boring and restrictive, but actually budgeting is one of the best things we do together! You should go through the class if you can find one near you. Or pay and watch the videos online. And then you should actually do the stuff he talks about because it works, because it's founded on principles that come straight from the heart of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment