Saturday, August 20, 2011

Classroom

I've got my classroom mostly set up. Ready or not, Monday is the day. I'll only have students for about 30 minutes in my class, so there won't be much time to do things with students. It was a stressful day on Friday trying to get everything ready, but at the end of the day I had a computer that more or less works, a printer that doesn't work yet, and all of my junk was more or less put away, and the students' desks all clear.

In order to brighten up my room, I purchased fabric swathes and put them down the back wall of the room. It adds a lot of color and will last longer than butcher paper, though it is bit more expensive. The teacher who was there before me had 4 plastic fleur-de-lis molds that I added to each fabric strip to "class it up" a bit. I put up some posters I found amongst a box of old things. Here's a few pictures of the room. It doesn't look as whiz-bang as I'd like it to, but what can you do? It's a small, old classroom after all.




No comments:

Post a Comment