Thursday, August 4, 2011
Babysitter Club
I've been busy playing with my niece A these past 2 weeks. What a joy she is! In the short time I've been watching her she has learned to clap, she has practiced walking holding onto things, and she has even practiced standing without holding onto things. It's a marvel and a miracle to watch babies learn.
She was having a hard time sleeping yesterday. I had to hold her and bounce her on the sports ball for 45 minutes while she cried and struggled and then lay still and almost fell asleep until she remembered I was trying to get her to sleep and then she cried again...about 10 times. One of the times she was crying I told her, "It's hard A, but sometimes in life we have to do things that we don't want to. Often God asks us to do things we don't feel like doing and it can make us feel like crying, but you'll find that if you follow God, he has plans that take care of you better than you could imagine for yourself. I'm not God, but in the same way, I have a plan for you right now that will take care of you better than you could take care of yourself."
She cried some more and I nodded and told her I understood, and that I wanted her to know that anytime she needed to cry, my arms were open.
Gotta grab those teachable moments while they can't crawl away from you, right? ;-)
In other news, I've got an interview at Placer High School today for a part-time job. I don't know how to feel about it, but I'm going for it. God got me an interview at least!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment