Yesterday we got like, 6 things crossed off a list in one day! Pretty amazing.
Dean and I had our final dance lesson. We look like we know what we're doing out on the dance floor now. We've got an ending to our dance, a bow, and it's quite a relief that now we can just practice it for the next two weeks.
I learned that in counting a waltz the difference between the 1, 2, 3 and the 4, 5, 6 is that all of the instruments playing play together on the 1 whereas any given number of instruments including usually the bass drum (in an orchestra) play on the 4. That's what gives the waltz its lilt. I just figured that after years of ballet training I had the rhythm more or less ground into me and that was why I found it so easy to distinguish between the two. But it makes much more sense that there is actually a sound-reason (and a sound reason). The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment