Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The teens!

I remember last summer when a friend was getting married and a facebook post was something about being in the teens as she counted down to her wedding. I wondered what it would feel like to know you were only days away? For me, the time passed very quickly. I read the post and it seemed like just a few(teen) days later I was at her wedding helping serve for one of the most elaborate dessert buffets I've ever seen. I remember watching her as she danced with her husband and hoping that the days had passed quickly for her as she got into the final weeks.

I hope the same for me. There is much to do in every day. Today we bought water bottles, I made shorts for my nephew, got my hair trimmed, had coffee with a few of my bridesmaids, and spent several hours in the company of the most amazing man alive. Tomorrow it's time to start on the favors for the wedding, start on place cards, start on seating arrangements, and call the stragglers on the list. I spent some time reading blogs of beautiful things people create for parties and celebrations. It was fun to feel inspired looking at those pretty things. So on to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment