Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Classroom décor

I spend about 8 hours in my classroom every day, and so I have put some effort into making the space comfortable for me to be in, and hopefully comfortable for my students.

I love Christmas, and Christmas decorations, and I wanted the chance to bring that love into my classroom. When looking on Martha Stewart for ideas on how I could decorate on the cheap, I came across this Cedar wreath chandelier and thought it was terrific! When I shopped for wreaths, however, most of them were out of the price range I had in mind (less than $20). But with some careful comparison shopping, I found grapevine wreaths for a fraction of the cost of evergreen ones (fake). I scored on 60% off ornaments and gorgeous ribbon from Costco ($8 for 50 yards) and voilà, my own take on the wreath, with dangling Christmas balls to add some pizzazz.





I found 6' lighted garlands at Bed Bath and Beyond on sale for $20 the week before Christmas, and D allowed that they were a good buy. I strung them across the front of the room, along with a long string of white Christmas lights from Target to pep up the board. I received many "ooo's" and "aahh's" as students came in yesterday. Most gratifying!

No comments:

Post a Comment