Monday, October 11, 2010

Food Fights

Teaching a food unit in my French class currently. Today I was throwing vegetables and fruits around to students as I named them off and I accidently hit a student in the face with the lettuce...oops. It's all play food so it didn't hurt her, but talk about awkward!

On the bright side, my psych professor was talking about how we need to make sure that every lesson we are leaving our students with a key "memorable moment" and how sometimes those moments need to be us failing at things because that builds trust with the kids, shows how we're not perfect as teachers, makes us relatable. Uhhh...score one for that I guess!

I'm looking forward to the final project for this unit. The students have to pick a French recipe and make it for the class at home, then bring a little of each of the ingredients and do a demonstration of things for the class while speaking in French à la Julia Child on the French Chef. I'm going to make macarons and offer them to the class for my demonstration of the project. I'm looking forward to having an excuse to bake, and to treat my students to one of my favorite French delicacies.


No comments:

Post a Comment